FF7 Theory Video

Started by zaetheryl, Feb 01, 2024, 05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaetheryl

Feb 9th 2024 FF7 Rebirth/Reunion Theory:
Zack+Vincent's Intertwining Fates (It's all about the hair... man!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhXbAz569cs

I know this is the type of theory video that will have the FF7 fan and theory community divided. Nevertheless, I think the video demonstrates the similarities between Vincent and Zack, along with blurring the lines a bit between the two respective characters, in addition to it drawing attention to Zack's latent monster? Will we see it emerge on the alternate timeline? I see and hear very little in terms of fans/theorists discussing it. I think a lot of people don't focus on these details because they just chalk it up to Hojo and him experimenting on practically everyone - including the possibility of Tifa. Even Tifa in one of the trailers sews doubt with Cloud even being in Nibelheim during the events of the Nibelheim incident. However, I suspect this might possibly be due to the fact that even Tifa wasn't immune to being in the clutches Hojo and her - herself - being experimented on as well.

Beyond Hojo's ability to transfer consciousnesses into other bodies/hosts, we are introduced to the general ability of deep ground weapons to not only transfer into their latent beast forms, but moreover that the deep-ground brothers Weiss and Nero actually merging consciousnesses at the end of Dirge of Cerberus. Therefore, there is also a more natural mechanism already in play. Additionally, we see something fall into the bowels of the Mako reactor/lifestream, that looks like some sort of Materia. I'll be curious to see if anything comes of that. As well Genesis' involvement in this new timeline, given what was teased from the secret ending of Dirge of Cerberus. "It is not yet time to slumber... we have much work to do... my brother!" Is this brother Weiss referring to as Sephiroth, or Zack? I know it is a bit of a far stretch, but could it have anything to do with Cloud?!